Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Divorce Court Hearing Today

There is a hearing today that I must attend.

Previous to this, I was cross examined by the Respondent's attorney, who was sarcastic and verbally abusive. I guess his job is to work for the Respondent (my ex-husband) and do his bidding.

The cool thing is that whilst I was being verbally bludgeoned, the said Respondent stared at the floor. He would not meet my gaze. This tells me that he is carrying some shame in some form, and well, that he is also a coward... therefore I WIN!

People who are abusive (in my case, he was verbally and emotionally abusive) tend to be cowards. They use abusive techniques to get what they want, which is complete control over a situation or person. They are so afraid that if they relinquish some of that control and relax that something bad will happen to them. But what ends up happening, is that they suffocate the relationship with that person. They end up losing control of the very thing they were trying so hard to control.

So, I shall go to court today, and I shall look FAB. I have a couple of new professional looking outfits that I purchased because I knew I would be attending court at least a few times to finalize my divorce already. I shall hold my head up high. I won't need to be cross examined, but I'll probably have to hear things about me that have been twisted and manipulated to shed a negative light on me. So be it.

I used to live with this bully. I survived that. I shall EASILY survive this as well. I refuse to be bullied anymore. I'm not "taking him to the cleaners" but I'm also not going to lay down and die and let him keep everything. I am just asking for what the law says I'm entitled to have. No more, no less.

I feel a bit nervous, but I also feel empowered. :)

I have a video blog in the works for the book review, and I may also do a video blog to update y'all on what happened today. Thanks for listening! :)

2 comments:

  1. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Please let me know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out my latest 2 video blogs (part A and B) that will update you. It went REALLY WELL. :D

    ReplyDelete