Sunday, January 27, 2013

Legalistic Logistics

I ran into a gal I went to bible college with yesterday.  She seemed really uncomfortable in my presence.  I introduced her to my beloved, and shared a bit about how we just moved into the area.  He left us to catch up a bit while he grabbed some dog food.  She asked if we were living together, I said yes.  She asked if we were married.  I said no.  She asked if we had separate bedrooms.  I said no.  Then I told her that my beloved embodies everything that most "Christian" men aspire to be.  Just then my beloved returned, and we politely excused ourselves.

I find that this is a topic that brings discomfort as well as MUCH judgement, fear and avoidance from a large segment of the Christian population.  Because of this, I have written some blogs about some different viewpoints regarding divorce, remarriage and such from an open minded, yet biblical perspective.

Here is a book report that I wrote in Bible College for Marriage and Family Class.

My blog addressing the question of remarriage being biblically ok or not.

And here is a blog I wrote which deconstructs the idea of marriage vows.  If you are a Christian who is struggling with the idea of unmarried people cohabitating as if they were married, this is for you.  :)

Marriage Vows - Biblical or not?

At the end of the day, I don't care what people think of me.  I have my beliefs and values, and I govern myself accordingly.  What people think no longer dictates the choices I make in my life.

I still have Jesus, people.  But I don't allow legalism to get in the way of enjoying the gifts that He has brought into my life.  Especially my Beloved.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment