Click Here For Recipe for HomeMade Lemon Cleaner
I found this recipe online and I thought I'd share it.
One Lemon makes about 4 tablespoons of juice. You have to strain it before putting it into the spray bottle so your nozzel doesn't get clogged.
So, I've been using this recipe for the last few days, and I like it. :)
So then I ran out of cleaning liquid in my Swiffer Wet Jet. So I decided to make some more of this Lemon cleaning spray to use in the Swiffer. I've used my own cleaning solutions before, usually vinegar and water, but I find that the solution beads on the floor, and it just didn't have the consistency that I was looking for. So with this batch, I chose the lemon spray recipe with a twist. First of all, I doubled the recipe because one lemon makes about 4 tablespoons of juice, and the recipe calls for 2 tablespoons. Secondly, I used hot tap water so that the borax and washing soda would dissolve well and not clog the spray nozzel. Thirdly, I added a couple of pumps of hand soap to just add a wee bit of soapiness to the solution. (I saw this tip on an episode of "How Clean Is Your House?"). Fourthly, I added a few drops of LIME essential oil, which gave it a bright clean scent.
This solution has the consistency that I was looking for, and it smelled awesome as well. Success! :D
I share this because it's super cheap to make! Plus, it's not damaging to the environment, or to our children and pets.
No comments:
Post a Comment