Tuesday, August 14, 2012

University



It's funny how life can be.  I was sent a letter from the University that I attend, stating that I wasn't accepted into the Social Work faculty for this year.  

It didn't make any sense to me, because I had reviewed all the details with the administration to ensure that all of my ducks were in a row for this year.  

And while there are many supports there, and lots of helpful people, it really pays to advocate for yourself.  No one cares about YOUR interests more than YOU do.  

So, I contacted that same gal at administration, and within a week, I got my acceptance package!  :D  

Apparently, THEY made a mistake.  And they wouldn't have caught that mistake, had I not brought it to their attention.  In fact, they double checked some others that had been rejected who fell into the same category as I did, to be sure they hadn't made the same mistake with them.  But it turns out that I was the only one.  

This year, 288 people applied to the faculty.  Only 75 were accepted.  THAT makes me feel pretty good!  


Plus I'm ahead of the game because of the courses I took last year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment