People make mistakes sometimes. Hehe... smart ones only make that mistake once... *grin*
I think I'm going to make something to hang in my entrance with this saying on it. It's my ultimate goal always... :)
Ok, now THIS one just made me laugh... So simple.. hahahaha
I'm gonna say BOTH... hehehe
Obviously... hehe
This was a thought provoking statement. I'd like to think of it as evolving rather than altogether changing. I changed alot when I was with my ex, to accommodate him and try to be what he wanted me to be. One can only keep that up for so long before parts of the real you start leaking out. hehe
I probably changed again when I became a Christian, and felt that influx of new hope and promise. Then when I separated from my ex, much of the "old" me that was sequestered away started to re-emerge. My long time best friend told me I sounded so much like the old Bambi again.
But even though that part of me has returned, its there - with a twist. I have retained some of the fears and anxiety that sometimes comes from being in a long time oppressive relationship. I face that and deal with it head on, so it doesn't control me. I guess that makes me brave. :)
And that experience wasn't all bad, I learned alot about myself, and how strong I really am. I did a lot of research on communication skills, and caring about other people's feelings and such. I employed them in the marriage, and they would sometimes work, but ultimately they did not. However, utilizing new relational skills HAS been great in ALL other areas of my life, so that has been great! My kids and my boyfriend, and most of my new friends are responsive to that, so that makes me really happy.
It's true that pain does motivate people. I've seen it time and again, in myself and in others. So it's not a totally bad thing. I mean, who wants to have emotional leprosy? Pain can be a positive thing, alerting you to a problem, that something is wrong, that something needs to be addressed or changed.
So, I'd say that I've evolved. I try to keep being ME, and not always trying to kiss other people's ass by changing myself to suit them. If I don't suit them, then we shouldn't be friends. Secondly, I try to learn from my mistakes, and other's mistakes. To keep doing the same old shit just makes you look stupid and unteachable. LOL
Third, I'd like to think that I take that original essence of me, combine it with life experience, throw in some painful events, mix in some courage, and frost it with love and respect for those who are in my inner circle, and sprinkle it with creativity. Sounds like a great recipe to me! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment