Hey there...
You probably won't hear from me for a while. I am back at school, this time at University to get my BSW. It will be fun to go there this year because the campus has a completely different feel. Don't get me wrong, I really liked going to the Bible College, I learned alot there, and I liked the environment. But I am also liking this environment as well.
I like that people are treated like adults there. For example, there are no internet restrictions (that I'm aware of). You are expected to grow up and do your homework, and if you spend all your time on facebook, then you get to just experience the consequences of that. There was a no drinking policy at the bible college, but then at this university there were beer gardens. So weird. LOL But good. It's not that I'm advocating drunkenness, but if people are going to learn how to be adults, they should be able to have the opportunity to do so. I felt that the bible college was a bit over the top with that sort of thing.
So, getting into University was a bit of a trial. For one, I had been registered to go to a Christian "university/college" but then they offered all of the classes in the late afternoon and evening. This would cause me to be away from my children for 3 evenings a week! Unacceptable. Ever since my kids were born, and especially since I became a single mom, I have had the conviction to BE THERE for my kids. I don't mind doing homework in the evenings, but at least I'm AVAILABLE. So in the 11th hour, I had to completely switch institutions. It was a bit of a headache, but I'm IN! hehe
And my niece is living with me and going to the same university, so that will be fun! Someone to go with. She applied late so I am helping her get into classes and to navigate around there. But it's going great! :) I enjoy having her here so far (well, it's only been a week! haha)
So yeah, this is a totally NEW experience, but so far, so good! :)
And.. I had to go to a case conference with Mr. X yesterday too (which caused me to miss my FIRST class, but oh well). But the good news is that support will continue as it has been. He was trying to get out of it but he can't so he's not happy but oh well. I guess if he wanted to keep his money he would have been better off taking the time to care about his family. But no, he was too busy for that. The funny thing is he complained that he has to work overtime to meet his obligations, and he says he wants to stop working overtime. He has ALWAYS worked fucking overtime. It was a problem in the marriage. He has something like OCD or something when it comes to working... I mean, working is good, but this was and is WAY over the top. But again, that is HIS choice, and until he accepts that HE made choices that got him here, and it is not all ME doing something wrong to HIM... he will continue to be in bondage to all of this. What was cool, was, the judge said that no sympathy in regards to overtime would be given until his work history could be reviewed as to what was his regular time vs overtime before separation and what is it after? That will show the truth. :)
So anyways, life is good... our son, who just turned 18, will continue to be financially supported by his father while he finishes high school. I will be able to continue to attend university and be financially supported. I have 2 great kids and an awesome niece living with me and we are all doing well. And best of all, I have a wonderful man in my life who is so very good to me. We support each other in friendship and in love. I really dig him. :D Ok I love the man! hehe
I hope that y'all have a beauty day!
No comments:
Post a Comment