I've been hearing this song by Adele on the radio ALOT. I think a song like this resonates with many people. Most of us have gone through breakups, some really really painful things.
"You know how the time flies. Yesterday, it was the time of our lives."
"Nothing compares, no worries or cares, regrets and mistakes are memories made. Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?"
I think this addresses that there were good things that were present in the relationship. And it's sad that those things weren't enough and are now gone. We have 2 kids and those are things that keep us tied together, for the REST of our lives. But they are good things. That makes it bittersweet. And what makes it hard is that I can't talk about these things with him. The relationship is so broken and dead. And that is where I hear Adele expressing... "Nevermind..." It's like a letting go, it's an acceptance that it can't be better than it is. It is "Nevermind, I give up on you. I give up on the hope that it could be different."
Acceptance - a person may come to that a few times, perhaps on deeper levels. But working on learning to accept is essential to one's freedom from the pain of this kind of brokenness. After acceptance, you can move forward into new things, maybe even a new relationship...
And when I think of "finding someone like you..." I know I don't want someone like my ex. But I do want someone that is like who I thought he was initially. And well, I've been in a relationship with this wonderful man for almost 10 months now, and he is truly meeting and exceeding what I had hoped and longed for. Not only does he demonstrate his love for me on a regular basis, but he LETS me love him. (My ex had this wall, it was difficult to penetrate that with any kind of love). He lets me love him, and responds to the love I give. "Sometimes it lasts in love..."
So, I've been working on letting go of my anger and hate more these days. I think a person needs a season of being real about the anger and hate, but then there comes a time to dig a hole, and lay it to rest.
And the Plus? I totally learned to play the piano part on this song in like 10 minutes! haha Love it! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment