Long Flat Red Moscato. Sweeeeeet - literally.
I poured myself a glass, and my daughter said, "Something to ease the pain?" She was trying to be funny. But she was right, not that I admitted it. LOL
I've been having periods of depression over the last couple of weeks. I think it might be the fact that school starts up for me again in just a few weeks, and I'm not looking forward to the stress of that.
I've been stressed by the ex too. The stupid band camp fiasco. Then, I called him today to ask about switching weekends with him. The kids have a chance to work with me, to make $420, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's a great opportunity for them! He said he would think about it. He says he only has a couple of weeks left and then our son turns 18 and can do what he wants after that. I said, they are both old enough NOW to decide that actually, and they still choose to see you, so...
I'm not taking time away from him, I'm exchanging time. For the KIDS sake. He doesn't like to do anything that I ask or suggest. It's a control freak thing. This is nothing new.
I suppose I could exercise my "parent care and control" for the sake of the kids. And I may. We are EACH going to make $420 this weekend. Why would he want to stand in the way of that? And here I thought that "money talks" with him. Oh that's right, only if HE is making it, or if it was HIS idea, then it's a GOOD idea. Riiight...
Hey we got a great cage for the bird. We pick up the new bird tonight. Woo hooo!
But yeah, the wine... it takes the edge off. I have my degree in counseling, I know all about self-medicating. I know. But other than the ex (who still F-ing triggers me) and the upcoming school thing, I can't think of WHY I feel so depressed. I'm not sad, just lethargic, no energy, no motivation. Meh. Things are great with the boyfriend, with the kids, with work. All good.
Anyways, gotta run and grab some groceries, and then gotta pick up the bird later. So I can't have any more wine till later. LOL But I feel slightly better. It's no wonder people become alcoholics. Cuz it works to a degree... *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment