I bet most of you didn't know that Hulk is a Christian... or that his real name is Terry. But I'm not reading the book because he is a Christian. I'm reading it because Keith spoke so highly of it, because he could relate to many of Hulk's life experiences. As I am getting into the book, I can see why.
Here is the link to his book: http://www.amazon.ca/Life-Outside-Ring-Hulk-Hogan/dp/0312588909/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1312726793&sr=8-8
I watched the movie "Beastly" with my daughter recently. In that movie, the beastly young man created a greenhouse out of old antique windows. I happen to collect old antique windows... and so Keith and I went on a few road trips to a garbage dump and a garage sale, and brought home lots of cool stuff, including several glass doors, and windows, which were either free from the dump, or $1.00 each from this farm we went to. Keith drew up a design to create it and I love how he can just whip out a beautiful congruent drawing like that, all proportionate and such. Amazing. It will be an 8-sided structure, each side consisting of either a door, or several windows pieced together. The roof will be peaked in the center, and we will probably put plexi-glass panels in it. It will be approximately 8 feet in diameter. I plan to paint it white. I think it will have the ppearance of lace (almost) with all the various types of windows.
Here is the link to the scene from the movie. Seriously, my heart leaped when I saw his greenhouse... *sigh* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2yLOv6NbDY
We (my daughter and I) recently decided that we should acquire birds. We started out looking at kijiji, and found Blu the Budgie for $20, and a nice cage for him, also for $20. We've had him for a few weeks now. We enjoy him SO much that I checked back with the previous owner to see if his best buddy was still available, and lo and behold, he is! It's the last bird she has left to sell! That was lucky! I've always thought that budgies pair off male-female... and for the most part they do. But the owners say that these two boys have always loved being together, so they called them their "gay couple". LOL I know that in nature, some animals do exhibit homosexual behaviours, so I guess it's possible. But whether that's the case or not, the fact is that Blu will have his bestie back, and they will both be happy birds. :D We also are planning to acquire a bigger cage as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment