Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family: Simple Ways to Keep Daily Responsibilities and Household Chaos From Taking Over Your Life (Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Series)

It's easy to get worked up when your plate is full.

I've got so many things on the go, I've had to let some things go because I'm just one person.

Look at me, I can't even write a real paragraph.  I guess my University Student brain is also on holiday...lol

The first "chapter" of this book (can it really be called a chapter?  It's 4 pages long! lol) is about setting a positive emotional climate.  Making sure that everyone has a chance for together time, and respecting individual's needs to have alone time.  Limiting chaos and noise levels at certain times.  Makes perfect sense to me.

Even the title of the book lends itself to that positivity.  When we get caught up in all the chaos, and stress out over it, we spend a lot of energy on that, rather than the things we love - like family or music and other creative ventures.

Speaking of which, I really need to finish my painting!  I need to add a song to the staff, and some strings on the guitar (and a few other minor details).  My wonderful boyfriend plays guitar, and I play piano.  We both sing.  So this is kind of a representation of us.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment