Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wringer washer in action...




 



Yeah baby!  Got my new 50's style laundry system.  Works great!  Yes, it's more work, BUT my clothes are CLEANER and FRESHER smelling than using the front loading HE machine.  Wow.

I have a video of my daughter and I doing laundry together, but heck, I can't get it to upload from my iphone.... so annoying.  Apparently I need iTunes pro or something... those fuckers!

To replace the bearing in the front load washer - over $300.  The pump is now sounding like gravel is in there, that can't be good... and who knows how much it would be to replace THAT.  Plus I have already replaced the shocks and the springs.  Fuck it.

A new machine that has the ability to last (hopefully) would cost me about $800.

This Wringer Washer cost me $100.  They threw in a small top loading automatic for $40.  When I was explaining to the people how to wash clothes in the wringer, I mentioned that I just needed a big sink or washtub to do it.  They said, "Like this?" and showed me the double antique galvanized steel sink.  They didn't know what they would do with it, so they threw it in for nothing.  Man, I lucked out!

So I did 7 loads of laundry yesterday.  My daughter helped me for 3 of the loads, and we had such fun doing it.  But what I'm also loving, is the fact that the clothes are so clean and fresh.  Seriously, my son has these black t-shirts that you can't bleach for obvious reasons, but many of them had this bad smell that I tried everything to get them out.  Yes, even THEY are smelling fresh.  :)

Ok, attempting to upload the vid again:



8 comments:

  1. I do remember how wringer washer and put rubber diapers through that wringer diapers and explodes, and garments sometimes get stuck going around and around and around those wringers. I remember having to disassemble the whole wringer head to get something untangled. and I ruined a couple of shirts
    Did you ever get anything caught in a wringer?or ruined a couple of shirts? Thanks for the reminders .
    EXEMPLE VIDEO:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfiYh9s8t8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were doing a longer video. thank you Anne B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne!

    hahaha... ok, I was actually watching a few wringer washer videos in anticipation of using my wringer washer, since I just got it this week. I saw this guy's first video and didn't get all the way through it.... And I laughed my ass off, because this guy is a MORON. He is only standing on the one side of the rollers so he isn't paying attention to what his laundry is doing.. I'm always checking both sides of the rollers as I go, so I catch it in time if something does stick to the roller.

    Anyone watching videos made by that guy would certainly be turned OFF from using a wringer washer. LOL

    I may make a better video at some point. A video that actually gives people hope and confidence if they want to use a machine like this. LOL

    Thanks for commenting! :)

    Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bambi je vous remercie beaucoup, je suis impatient de voir votre vidéo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non parle francais... :) I live in a French town so I learned that phrase really well. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing that you said - thank you very much, and you are eager to see the video when I make it.

    Am I close? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes that's it, I'm sorry I'm wrong language I am French Canadian.Vous êtes remarquable.
    I do not speak English well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's ok, I appreciate that you try! :) I am going to try an online language translator... Though I am not sure how well they translate! LOL

    C'est correct, j'apprécient que vous essayez ! :) Je vais essayer un traducteur en ligne de langue… Bien que je ne sois pas sûr à quel point ils traduisent ! LOL

    ReplyDelete