Now, I know this says Kenmore, but the fact is that the SAME washer is manufactured under several different names. It's weird, cuz if you buy new springs for it under one name, it can be twice the price than what you can get them for under another name, yet its the SAME part. *shakes head* I hate being gouged like that! Well, thankfully, my hunny knows all the details about that so that helps me. :D
Anyways, so this machine is konking out on me now. I've replaced the shocks once, and the springs. Now the bearing on the back of the drum is done. It's like a freight train going through here when it spins. But.... it still works, so no crisis yet...
I found a video that explains WHY the bearings go. You can view it here:
I really did love this machine for many reasons. But after talking to my boyfriend, who was in the appliance business for years and knows the ins and outs of these things, which is basically exactly what this guy says in the video... I've decided that rather than spend my hard earned money on a NEW version of the same disappointing CRAP..... I'm gonna go OLD SCHOOL!
That's right... I want to get a RINGER WASHER! :D
There is a reason that this type of machine has lasted over 50+ years....
Not only that, but they actually get your clothes cleaner with less wear and tear. Just be careful you don't get your fingers caught in the rollers.... hehe
Will update you on the pursuit of the second hand ringer washer. I have contacted the sellers.... am waiting to hear back. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment