Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Friend?

I have a friend. She is a single mom too.

She became friends with my boyfriend on facebook. They had mild, funny "banter" on there, and that seemed fine.

Until...

She asked him to do an estimate on some work that was needed at her house. He has his own business doing home renovations and repair work.

When he said he could come over on the weekend to take a look at it, she said,

"Oh, I'm so happy, I could just kiss you!"

He said, "I think my girlfriend would have something to say about that."

She said, "That's ok, we just won't tell her."

Yep, really.

And I don't care if she was kidding.

My boyfriend stopped talking with her altogether, and told me what she said.

And I haven't really spoken to her either.

I've had other guys banter with me here and there. But I think there is a line that you just don't cross. I had to tell a guy once that I didn't want him commenting on anything anymore, and that I didn't want to speak or banter with him, because he had a thing with one of my best friends. Because I respect her, and I place a priority on my friendship with her.

And I am so happy to be with a man (Yes, a MAN, not a guy, or a dude, but a MAN) who places a priority on our relationship, and couldn't be bothered dealing with people who are disrespectful like that.

Even if she was just joking.

Because that is something *I* would never joke about. Ever. Ever...


He told me about it when it first happened, but I kinda forgot about it. We were speaking about it again, and well, it stuck with me this time. It's just not cool. It bothers me.

That's why I'm writing here. This is where I get things out there, a way to express it and brush it off. That's right, you've been brushed off, girl. I don't have time for that kind of bullshit. I'm nearly 42, and I am just not interested in making nice with flakes anymore.

________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment