Yes, I've been labeled - branded, even - as a trouble maker.
I'm a trouble maker, because I won't conform to the status quo at the church. The status quo that supports perpetrators, and revictimizes victims.
I'm a trouble maker, because I'm not afraid to speak my mind.
I'm a trouble maker because I am a WOMAN who isn't afraid to speak my mind.
I'm a trouble maker because I won't allow people to oppress me.
I'm a trouble maker because I will stand with people who are being oppressed. I will support them, and defend them.
I'm a trouble maker, because I won't settle for a mediocre existence where I don't have to think for myself because the church leaders are doing it for me, or my "husband" is doing it for me, or some other authoritarian entity that doesn't truly give a rats ass about what's in my heart.
I'm a trouble maker because I think for myself.
I'm a trouble maker because I actually hold religious leaders to the same standard they have set for me.
I'm a trouble maker because I point out hypocrisy.
A trouble maker - what a compliment!
By the way, the religious leaders in the day of Our Lord Jesus also branded HIM as a trouble maker. They conspired to KILL him, and he was killed. Is that what you want to be? Pharisees and Sadducees? Because that is what you are. You're fooling yourself if you think you're being righteous.
And you leave bleeding people to die by the side of the road...
I'll take a trouble-maker label any day over that! Thanks for ranking me right up there with Jesus. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment