Friday, March 11, 2011

Snow again

In like a lion, and out like a lamb.. right?

It's very lion-esque out there tonight. I had an evening class tonight, and when I was done, all hell was breaking loose with the weather. I tried to drive home, which is a half hour down country hiways, but the weather is too severe. It rained, then that turned to snow. Winds up to 80km/hr. So everything is covered in ice and snow, especially the roads. And it's snowing like crazy, and the wind is blowing it around so hard. It's insane.

At one point, I was looking at the side of the hiway to see where the edge was so I didn't go in the ditch. I was going less than 5km/hr. Insane. I saw SO many cars in the ditch. I was glad to get back to S-town. Yes indeed.

So, not wanting to bother anyone, and liking to have my own space, I tried to get a hotel room. They are all FULL. So.. I imposed. I stopped in at the girls dorm at school and asked if there was somewhere I could bunk for the night.

SO here I am.

I have a class at 9am (yes on a saturday) so now I"m nice and close. I won't miss the class because of the weather.

And hopefully, by 4pm, when the class is over, the storm will also be over, and the plows and sand/salt trucks will have been out and I can drive safely home. That will be nice.

My poor dog... lol Ah well, she is warm and safe. lol

G'night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment